This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Version 1.5.2.0 compiled against MongoDB 1.8.2.34

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Hi,

I have a runtime error after upgrading to MongoDB driver and bson v1.8.3.9.

Failed to load some types from "MongoRepository": Could not load file or assembly 'MongoDB.Driver, Version=1.8.2.34, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f686731cfb9cc103' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

The nuget package says it should be fine with mongocsharpdriver > 1.8.2 && < 1.9.0... Any idea?

Thanks
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Yeah, this issue keeps biting me and I need to find a fix for it that works as expected but haven't gotten around to it.

See this post for a fix (using a bindingredirect) that will work for now.
Oct 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
thanks yes already applied a binding redirect to get it working... Thanks for the reply...
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM
For now, until I have time to figure out a decent fix, I will set a hard requirement on the specific verdion for the mongocsharp dependency. I just need to update a bit of documentation etc. and will release 1.6 shortly (which has some (minor) breaking changes). See this discussion for more information on that. If you have any opinion on this, now is the time to make your voice heard! :-)