This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Nuget: Hard dependency on Mongo CSharp driver version (=1.6 , instead of >=1.6)

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:54 AM

The MongoRepository nuget package has fixed dependency on Mongo C# driver (=1.6 , instead of >=1.6).

This is causing issues. For example, my app is already using the official mongocsharpdriver 1.6.1. When I install mongorepository, it says operation failed with a message saying "Install failed. Rolling back... Already referencing a newer version of 'mongocsharpdriver'."

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

This is done intentionally; in the past some newer version(s) of the MongoCSharp driver had breaking changes which, automatically broke MongoRepository too.

I am open for discussion on this topic but also have to admit I'm a little hesitant. Using the "fixed/specific" version instead of "this version or higher" we are at least in control of when stuff would break :P

Having said that, again, I am open for discussion. Also; I try to keep up-to-date with updates for the CSharp driver and usually release pretty soon after the driver has been updated. The current 1.6.1 version is just shy of two weeks old. I will update sometime today or tomorrow and publish a new NuGet package.

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Here you go :-)

Ofcourse also published on NuGet

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Thank you :)